Monday, May 31, 2010

American...Party of One!


And so the story begins.

First I should tell you that 1 Andrew is the Button’s only son, and 2 their version of shed would be something akin to a small sort of building you would put rakes and stuff in, you could maybe squeeze a John deer ridin’ mower in it if the door was big enough. In reality the door would be one wall and it would be the little mower.

When your going to paint you need painting clothes, but in my packing I didn’t think to pack painting clothes. So the Buttons let me borrow some coveralls, what they call a boiler suit. I heard Julia say that I could change when I got their, but I guess I just thought it wasn’t that dire and that it would be just as well to change clothes sooner rather than later. On the way to Andrew’s house we decided I needed more medicine from the chemist, aka the pharmacist, for my cold. We drive past the chemist and Jon points it out “There is where you will need to go.”
At this point I am getting confused, because I’m like why are we passing it? Why are you making sure I know which one it is? So h
e parks about half block away and says “Okay we will wait for you.” Now that is perfectly fine, more than okay, because I had gone by myself
before and had to walk a lot further, the problem comes when we remember what Sarah Jane is wearing. That’s right a slightly too small red boiler suit (I was too tall) covered in paint…Okay.

I felt like such an idiot. I felt like I should have had an “Im an American” sign flashing in neon lights over my head as I walked. Next time someone suggests for me to change there, I am changing there. The most Ironic thing is I changed clothes to go back to the Buttons and we just went straight back. (Yes, I took pictures, because I know you would appreciate the full affect it would give. Please note the slouched shoulders)

Other than this It was a great day. We painted the shed and the weather was wonderful.
I wore a t-shirt without a jacket…for about 30 min then the
clouds came back. ;) We ate fish and chips.
I had haddock it was wonderful! It was the best fish I have ever eaten. I am not a huge fish fan, but it was sooo good.George and Helen’s is the place we went, which it turns out that this fish and chip shop is kind of famous in Birmingham for having the BEST fish and chips.
All in all it was an absolutely wonderful day. That is me with Jon & Julia Button

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I cannot tell you how much i laughed and laughed ...I love the way you write Sarah Jane...I feel like I was right there. I can just picture you in your adorable painting clothes going to the chemist! You are precious!! Keep writing I want to share in all your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it was fun I will try to keep it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete